Friday, March 12, 2010

sic'em

I have always been proud to be a Baylor Bear even when our sports teams were not doing well and everyone thought we were a joke. Because at the end of the day, being a proud Baylor Bear is not about winning in sports but life. I know that sounds slightly cheesy but the truth of the matter is Baylor University is a place I will always be proud to call my home. It's really not something you can explain to people who have not had the Baylor experience. All those who are apart of the Baylor family understand this affinity. The school, the people, the city; all shaped me into the person I am today and am proud to be. A school where professors are encouraged to pray with their students, know their students and it is a network that continues long after you have left the university. It was not just a place where I received a education but where I also grew spiritually and socially.

For those of you that haven't heard, the Baylor Bears Men's Basketball team is finally breaking through. They were predicted to finish #10 in the Big 12 Conference and are currently tied for #2. They have an actual chance to make a run in the NCAA Tournament and be seeded at high as #3! And with a coach who openly talks about his faith in national interviews and says his goal is to prepare his players for life and hopefully heaven.

So today, I am a little bit prouder to be a Baylor Bear. But even if we don't win one game in the tournament, I will still be proud to be a Baylor Bear. SIC'EM! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sic'em! Thanks for stiring up my Baylor pride...being married to an Aggie makes it hard to spread my green and gold afar sometimes:) Love you! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete