Saturday, March 6, 2010

cowtown

Last weekend I took a little trip to Fort Worth or otherwise known as "The Cowtown". My running buddy Taryn and I headed up on Friday after work to run The Cowtown half marathon. Taryn's husband Andy was nice enough to be our driver. Also on this trip I got to spend time with one of my best friends from high school, Laura Sapaugh and her husband Micah. Laura is 16 weeks pregnant so that made for an even more exciting visit!! :) Taryn and I finished the half marathon with a respectable time. It had been a long time since we had run an entire race together. It made me realize how much I missed running with that girl. We even got to meet up with some of my best friends from Dallas, Nathalie, Andrew and John Paul.

After running in some of the most beautiful running weather in a long time, we spent time playing outside with the dogs, maternity shopping and of course doing lots of eating!! We ate at Montgomery Cafe, Joe T Garcia's, The Purple Cow and Cafe Brazil. So good!! Overall it was a wonderful weekend with fabulous friends! Can't wait to visit again and to meet baby Sapaugh!! :)




And of course you can't go on a road trip without baking a snack for the road. I tried out these amazing Peanut Butter and Double Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate and they did not disappoint. I changed up the recipe a bit and used Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa. Also I would recommend doubling the peanut butter dough as I had twice as much dark chocolate chip dough. Happy baking! :)



1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun with you last weekend! And your cookies were amazing, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete